Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Buh-bye Kitty

Every so often I need to remind the animals in our neighborhood that this is MY backyard. And, while I don't mind sharing (actually, I'm really good at sharing) I do not like having visitors in my yard that have not signed the guest book. (And by guest book I mean, check with me first).

Last night, it had just gotten dark outside and I saw a flash of orange. This caught my attention. Then it moved again.

me: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM- Lemme outside! Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof
mom: (Thinking I was hurt) Jack, are you okay?

And then she saw what I saw. An orange tabby cat.

mom: Go get 'em buddy!

With that she opened the screen door and off I went.

Around the first curve of the burn barrel, in and out of the trees, made my way around to the corner and I was so close to the fluffy orange beast I almost caught it, but I didn't.

After the cat reached a dead-end in the corner, it ran the other way, right under the fence and right UP a tree.

mom: GOOD JOB JACK!
me: But I can still smell it! Where'd it go?!
mom: Look buddy, up in the tree!

All this noise got the attention of our next door neighbor dogs, two labs. If the cat wasn't so lame, it would have realized the tree it was digging its claws into was right ABOVE the labs.

I had a good laugh, peed and came inside where dad gave me a cookie for enforcing the rules. You either sign the guest book- or get kicked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment