Friday, March 18, 2011

Sniffer

My sniffer works real good. Maybe sometimes too good. Case in point, yesterday.

Mom walks into the house, after being gone for (what felt like) eons, and she smells of:
- a turkey sandwich, on wheat bread, with lettuce, tomato and mayo
- a pickle
- and...what's this? ANOTHER DOG? Wait, TWO other dogs...OMG, I'm dying, THREE OTHER DOGS?

ON MY MOM?! She had some 'splainin to do!

Here's what she told me, "I was busy meeting with other dogs who I might bring home one day and replace you with". Ok- wait a minute...she didn't saaaaay that. That's just what I heard, while sniffing her jeans, shirt, hands, jacket, shoes, ankles, wrists and neck. Yes. I'm thorough.

After I had a mini melt down (which consisted of me whining, more than usual and asking mom to play with my rope, brain, bone, tiger and foot- all at once!) I was relieved to learn I will be an only puggle for a very long time.

Mom soothed me while saying things like, "there is no replacement for you" "you are our only boy" "we love you so much" "you might be spoiled, but that's only because your special"...

Good news? I was able to make sure she knew how much I loved her right back. How'd I do that? Simple. Throw my whole body on top of her, snuggle up as close as I can get, twist my tail around her wrist, fall asleep and start snoring. Works like a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment