Monday, October 5, 2009

Walk Against Abuse

Saturday mom and I got up early (before 10) and headed into our town square. I was so excited to be outside and meeting so many new friends that I forgot what we were there for! The Medina County Domestic Abuse/Sexual Assault Taskforce was sponsoring a "Walk with your best friend" against abuse...Mom was there at the SPCA table to help (because she volunteers as the humane educator coordinator- long name, hu?!) They had a costume contest, so mom dressed me up in my Bat-Boy shirt...

I made so many friends! This is Duke. He's a puppy who was up for adoption, so Mom and I took him for lots of walks around the square. I didn't mind him to much, but I didn't like it when mom left me with Grampy and Grammy (yep, they came to visit!) and she and Duke went for a walk, ALONE! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is my other new friend. She had the booth next to us, and LOTS of cookies, so of course, she became my new bestie! (notice my tongue!)
And, since there was a costume contest, this was my pick-to-win. She is a one year old Pug, dressed as Scarlett O'Hara! (I would have entered the contest, except I didn't pay attention to where I was peeing, and got my Bat-Boy shirt all wet...opps!)


Meeting all these friends and spending time outside in the fresh Fall air really wore me out! When we got back to the car, mom loaded me inside my 'car seat' and I slept away the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment