Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm part coyote!

Last night it was just dad and I...mom went out with her friends to "buy pretty things". As always, when mom leaves, I sit around and wait for her to come back to me.

So I'm waiting on the back of the couch last night for her to walk in...and I start to realize, "gosh, she's been gone for a long time!"...then, as if I was imagining it, I hear her voice. Faint, but I'm sure I heard it. So I start to howl.

Not just a little "HOOOOOWL", no no. This was a full blown "HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLL"

Dad came flying down the stairs (because, you know, he's an action hero!) "Jack, what's wrong?"
"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWL"...."Awww, buddy, let's play".

It was obvious dad was trying to take my mind off whatever was bothering me (he didn't hear mom laughing outside, because, although he's got lots of great superhero powers, super-sonic hearing isn't one of them...)

When mom did finally come home it was everything in me to not jump up around her neck and have her wear me like a scarf all night.

It wasn't until dad explained the coyote howling to mom, that she mentioned she and her friend were sitting outside laughing and talking and mom and dad pieced it together that that was why I was howling like a coyote.

So there you have it, another layer in the ever-evolving life of Jack the Wonder Dog...I'm part coyote!

No comments:

Post a Comment